Community NewsTransit ScheduleRegional Calendar

Community News

Invasive Species

The RDMW is continuing our efforts to eradicate noxious plant species on the North Island and we are looking for your help! We currently rely on information provided by the Invasive Plant Species Program, which has created a free and public access mobile app called Report-a-Weed for iPhone and Android platforms as well as an online map application. If you would like to report the location of an invasive species in your community, and we encourage you to do so, please follow this link or click this item to be taken to the website. This webpage provides valuable information regarding the Report-a-Weed app as well as aids for identifying particular species. Alternatively you can download the Report-a-Weed app directly from the iTunes store or GooglePlay store.

The "BEAR" Essentials

It’s that time of year again in the Tri-Port region. The sun is out (sometimes) and the bears are waking up. Our black bears here on the North Island live in a very difficult environment with hunting pressures, logging, traffic accidents, natural selection, and other predators all affecting a single bear’s survival rate. But the most important species in this equation is us – those that live in the urban interface. Please click this link to be taken to information from Bryce Casavant, North Island Conservation Officer, on how to reduce bear and human conflicts in our communities.


Our Communities

Map Map

Links & Resources


Do you recycle your waste?