CAMPFIRE BAN RESCINDED in Coastal Fire Centre - September 11, 2018
Effective September 11, 2018, the campfire ban is now rescinded for the Coastal Fire Centre. Open fires (Category 2 and 3) will be permitted in the Coastal Fire Centre as of 12:00pm, Wednesday September 19th.
Help keep Vancouver Island North's coastal forests safe! Below are some campfire safety recommendations:
• Have a hand tool or at least eight litres of water available to properly extinguish a campfire.
• Campfires cannot be larger than 0.5 metres high by 0.5 metres wide.
• Do not light a campfire or keep it burning in windy conditions. Weather can change quickly and the wind may carry embers to other combustible material.
• Maintain a fireguard around the campfire. This is a fuel-free area where all flammable materials (grass, kindling, etc.) have been removed.
• Never leave a campfire unattended.
• Ensure that the campfire is completely extinguished and the ashes are cool to the touch before leaving the area for any length of time.
For more information, please view the Coastal Fire Centre Campfire Ban Rescinded Notice or visit the BC Wildfire Service.
For more information, please visit the Coastal Fire Centre Open Fire Prohibitions Lifted Notice or visit the BC Wildfire Service.